Monday, January 30, 2012

Yummy, Versitile Asian Dipping Sauce

Hey! What do ya know! I'm on a roll! Two blogs, two days in a row! :) Now, if I could only remember that camera...
Anyways, last week I made a really elegant Asian beef and noodle dish that I found in the February 2008 issue of Gourmet Magazine titled "Thai-Style Beef with Noodles".  What really stood out to me in this dish was the sauce! So, tonight for dinner I decided to spice up some frozen egg rolls (locally made in Wisconsin!) with a dipping sauce recreated from that recipe. The sauce has a slightly spicy, sweet and sour flavor, rich color and could be used in a variety of delicious applications. "Duzo meshiagare!" ("Bon appetit!" in Japanese!).

Combine:
1 T soy sauce
1 T honey
2 T fish sauce
2 T chopped leek
1 tsp white wine vinegar (or another acid like lime juice)
1 tsp curry paste (I used red but you could also use green)
1/4 C reduced-sodium beef broth

Simmer over medium heat until slightly reduced, about 7 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment