Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Berry Good, Light Breakfast/Dessert

I have yet to post since first creating this blog, so I thought I would start again with a tasty concoction I devised this morning while trolling through my nearly bare cupboards in attempts to make something for a post night out breakfast. Here's what I came up with from remnants of meals past.

Serves 2:

  • 2 C greek yogurt
  • 1 C frozen berries (thawed)
  • 1 T minced ginger
  • 1 t honey
  • 8 slices of French baguette sliced 1/4" thick
  • 2 T butter
  • 1 t All Spice
Divide 2 C of Greek yogurt between two bowls.
In a small sauce pan add 1 T butter over med. heat until melted. Add minced ginger and saute until frangrant (1 min). . Add berries and honey, simmer on low until warm. Meanwhile, sprinkle bagette slices with allspice, melt remaining tablespoon of butter in a small skillet over med/high heat, add bagette slices and cook until fully toasted.
Arrange toasted bagette around yogurt and divide berries between the two bowls. Bon apetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment