Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Italian Stallion (x2)

Tonight brough me another Chopped-style challenge...what to make when my cupboards are bare...

It's two days before I get paid and I'm trying to use up what I've got on hand.

Tonight, my basket contained:
  • Wheat pasta
  • Garlic
  • Canned diced tomatoes
  • Basil infused EVOO
  • Heavy Cream
  • White Wine
  • Parmesan
  • Fresh Parsley
Boil 1/2 a package of wheat noodles in salted water until not quite el dente - drain

Meanwhile....

Saute 2-3 cloves chopped garlic until fragrant and tender in 2T EVOO. Add 3/4 can tomatoes, S&P and simmer for 1-2 mins. Add 1/2 pint heavy cream, 1/2 C white wine and a 1/4 c fresh, chopped parsley - bring to a boil. Add the not quite el denta pasta and simmer and toss until sauce is reduced. Top with parm and fresh chopped parsley. Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment